Intense 3 Day Men's Workout Routine To Get Strong And Ripped
Get Ripped: Build Lean Muscles Mass While Burning Fat
Gym is the place where nobody will judge you as long as you work hard. A lot of people come into the gym to get better at their main sport. Besides, it's also very common to see Gymaholics; people who will spend hours in the gym several times a week, in order to improve. We decided to prepare you the intense 3 day men's workout routine in order to get ripped!
We all have busy schedules, you will never have the time to workout, you make time to workout. In order to do this, you'll have to organize your schedule so you can always workout, whether it's 3 days or 5 days a week. So we prepared you this intense workout routine so it can fit into your schedule.
What Does Intense Means?
We will do several exercises in a row, decrease the rest time between sets while including bodyweight and weighted exercises. By applying these principles, we will be able to work several muscle groups in one workout: thus build your whole body, increase the number of calories burned, improve our cardiovascular system and decrease the time spent in the gym.
Weight Training And Cardio Training For Men
If you're a beginner, you must first understand these workout principles. During this intense 3 days men's workout routine, we will put an emphasis on compound exercises in order to get big and burn fat.
This men's workout plan is composed of 3 days of training:
- 3 days of intense workout training
Train With Moderate Weights And Heavy Weights
During the 5 days men's workout routine, we've learned that lifting moderate/heavy is necessary to get a good shape and muscle definition.
But lifting heavy doesn't mean that you should do half reps. When you perform an exercise, you should go through all the range of motion in order to stimulate more muscle fibers.
Men Must Aim For 8-12 Reps To Get Ripped
Now you know that if you want to get ripped, you will have to work these muscles effectively. In order to achieve this, you will have to aim for 8-12 reps for all muscle groups except legs. This is the best rep range to give a good definition to your muscles.
Research has shown that if you struggle to achieve these rep ranges, you will get lean muscle mass. During this workout, we will vary the rep ranges depending on the exercises in order to shock the body!
Rest Time Between Each Set And Exercise
If you want to get ripped your body will need to recover between each set and exercise. The less you rest, the more calories you burn. But if you rest 20 sec, you will not get as much performance as if you would have rest 1:30min. So we will rest between 45 sec - 1:15 minutes between each set and 2 minutes between exercises. When you do a single exercise, your rest time will be 45 sec and if you perform several in a row, it will be 1:15 minutes.
Intense Men's Workout Routine
This intense men's workout plan provides you 3 days of lifting trainings with 1 day including a HIIT session. Don't hesitate to make changes to this intense men's workout routine if you want to. However, keep in mind the principles we mentioned earlier: rep range, rest period, type of exercises ...
A Few Words On Supersets
A superset is when you do two or multiple exercises in a row. During this 3 days intense men's workout routine, it will happen a lot and will be assigned to numbers such as: S1 for the superset #1 and S2 for the superset #2. If two exercises start with S1 for example, they must be performed in a row.
Monday: Chest & Back
- S1 Warmup Barbell Bench Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S1 Warmup Barbell Deadlift: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S2 Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Barbell Deadlift: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 (Assisted) Dips: 4 sets x 8 to 12 reps
- S3 (Assisted) Wide Grip Pull Up: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 Dumbbell Flys 4 sets x 8-15 reps
- S4 T-Bar Row 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 Push Up: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 Dumbbell Row: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Wednesday: Shoulders & Core & HIIT
- Warmup Overhead Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Overhead Press: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Arnold Dumbbell Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Warmup Crunches: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S3 Crunches: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Romain Chair Leg Raise: 4 sets x failure
- Oblique Crunches: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- HIIT Cardio - Treadmill / Bike: 10 rounds - 20 seconds of work - 40 seconds of recovery
Friday: Legs & Calves
- Warmup Barbell Squat: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Barbell Squat: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Incline Leg Press: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Lunges: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- S1 Leg Extensions: 5 sets x 15-20 reps
- S1 Lying Leg Curls: 5 sets x 15-20 reps
- S2 Standing Calf Raises 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- S2 Seated Calf Raises: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
Get that ripped body!