Vitamins And Minerals To Help You Reach Your Fitness Goals
When you arrive on this page you're wondering why we're talking about multivitamin and not protein powder or creatine. Don't worry, all you need to know about this supplement is explained here. Multivitamins are not enough recommended as often as they should be. It's easier to learn things about products that are less important than multivitamins. Without this supplement you will never reach your true fitness potential.
Vitamins and minerals are necessary for the body growth and development and maintaining good health. R Athletes can have a higher vitamin and mineral requirement due to their high activity levels.
What About Fruits And Vegetables?
Supplements aren't intended to be a food replacement. They can't provide all the benefits of whole foods, so keep going with your healthy nutrition. Multivitamin is needed because your daily food intake may not supply enough of specific vitamins and minerals, for a person who is more physically active.
Benefits Of Multivitamin For Fitness
Each vitamin/mineral has its own role on our body. These micronutrients are needed for the processes of protein synthesis, controlling energy levels, repairing muscle tissues and many other things.
Here are some benefits of adding a multivitamin to your supplement stack:
- Keeps you alive and healthy
- Improve digestion
- Increase energy levels
- Strengthen the immune system
What Vitamins And Minerals Are Important?
There are a lot of essential vitamins and minerals, but many of them have similar functions.
Here is a list of what you should look for and what they can do:
- Vitamin D (Also… Vitamin A and K): We all know the benefits of vitamin D for bones, due to its role in assisting the absorption of calcium. But it also helps to absorb phosphorus, which is required in the synthesis of ATP (biochemical way to store and use energy). Vitamin A and K assist in the body’s regulation of calcium.
- Vitamin C (Also… Vitamin E, Selenium.): Vitamin C is an antioxidant that enhances recovery and protects proteins against damage from free radicals. It cannot be stored by your body, so it's essential to get your daily supplement. Others listed also assist in protecting against cell and protein damage.
- Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, (Also…Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B9, and B5): Simply put, these vitamins are involved in carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism and energy production. Many are very important for digestive health. The more you consume, the more you will need.
- Magnesium, Iron and Zinc: Magnesium is a required element for the energy production (ATP), protein synthesis and it helps you get a better sleep. Iron is vital in the process of delivering oxygen to cells and muscle tissues. Zinc can't be stored so it's important to get your daily intake. It's needed for healing wounds and injuries. It assists in physical immunity, metabolism, DNA and protein synthesis.
When To Take Multivitamin?
Some of the micronutrients are fat soluble, it's necessary to take them with a meal. It's recommended to take one serving in the morning after your breakfast and/or one serving after your dinner.
The serving can vary between brands and doses from 1 to 2 tablets per day.
Multivitamin Side Effects
Respect the daily doses indicated on the package. A multivitamin is definitely safe. However, since it is in addition to your diet, you don’t want to take too much. Many vitamins and minerals can have negative side effects if they build up in toxic amounts. If you take too much vitamin C for example, you could get stomach cramps or nausea, others can be even more problematic.
Men And Women Multivitamins
Men and women have different needs for their bodies, be sure to buy the right product. The quality of the supplement is also important, so check the reviews before buying it.
This article Multivitamin Benefits gives you all the information you need to find a multivitamin that’s right for you.
Let's just review what we just learned:
- Multivitamin is one of the most necessary supplement.
- Athletes need higher amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- A multivitamin should be taken alongside good nutrition.
- It has many benefits for fitness, such as; protein synthesis, controlling energy levels and repairing muscle tissues.
- Some vitamins and minerals are more essential.
- Take your multivitamin with a meal; at breakfast and/or dinner.
- Multivitamin (If taken correctly shouldn't have any side effects.)
- You may need to use different products depending on your gender.