Men's Workout Routine To Get Big And Ripped
The Ultimate Male Workout Routine To Obtain Lean Muscle Mass
If you're a male and you want to get big and ripped fast, you are in the right place! Building muscle is easy, but doing it without gaining too much body fat is the real hard work. Obtaining big muscles with tons of body fat is not appealing at all. Body fat is mainly caused by your nutrition, not only by how you train. So you should check our article regarding building muscles without adding fat.
Weight lifting has many health benefits for both men and women. Building lean muscle mass is a long and tough journey, but if you have what it takes; you won't disappointed!
Gymaholic has prepared you a male workout routine so you can get big and ripped fast
Weight Training And Cardio Training For Men
Most men want to become stronger and look better. In order to do this we will work every muscle group at least once a week with compound and isolation exercises so you can get this aesthetic look.
Cardio is also very important for your conditioning. With this men's workout routine we only included one HIIT session, but recommend you to add at least one or two other session of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) or LISS
This men's workout plan is composed of 5 days of training:
- 5 days of weight training
- 2 days of rest
Note: If you have joints pain, we highly recommend you to change the HIIT to LISS.
A Men's Workout Routine Composed Of Compound Exercises And Isolation Exercises
This men's workout routine will often target a muscle group with compound exercises then isolation exercises. Since compound exercises also use secondary muscle groups at the same time, they will help you get bigger and stronger.
Here are some other benefits of compound exercises:
- Build the most muscle
- Increase strength the fastest
- Burn more calories during exercise
- Improve coordination, reaction and balance
Train With Moderate And Heavy Weights To Get Ripped
If you want to build muscle mass, you will have to lift moderate weights so you can perform 8-12 reps with good form.
You should struggle to reach the given rep ranges, if it feels too light or too heavy adjust the weight accordingly. Make sure to perform each exercise with a good form and a full range of motion.
Training with heavy weights (4-6 reps or less) can also be used to build strength that can lead to better performance in your workouts. On the long run you want to add these kind of trainings in your workout routine. We will cover this subject in a future article.
Men's Workout Routine
This men's workout routine provides you 5 days of resistance training. If your schedule is tight, check our 3 day workout routine. This workout routine will help you get results, but don't hesitate to make changes to it. For example, if you're a beginner you might want to reduce the number of sets to 3.
A superset is when you do two or multiple exercises in a row. During this men's workout routine you will have to perform some supersets and they will be assigned to numbers such as: S1 for the superset #1 and S2 for the superset #2. If two exercises start with S1 for example, they must be performed in a row.
Monday: Chest & Back
- S1 Warmup Barbell Bench Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S1 Warmup Barbell Deadlift: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S2 Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Barbell Deadlift: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Incline Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Barbell Bent Over Row: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 (Assisted) Dips: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 (Assisted) Wide Grip Pull Up: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S5 Dumbbell Flys: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S5 Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Tuesday: Shoulders & Traps & Abs
- Warmup Overhead Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Overhead Press: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- Behind-the-Neck Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Bent-Over Lateral Raise: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Warmup Crunch Hold: 2 sets x 10 to 15 seconds
- Crunches: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Oblique Crunches: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Lying Oblique Leg Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
Wednesday: Calves & HIIT Cardio
- Warmup Standing Calf Raise: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Calf Press On Leg Press: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Warmup Cardio - Treadmill or Bike - 6/10 effort level: 2-4 minutes - increase speed every 20-40 seconds
- HIIT Cardio - Treadmill or Bike - 8/10 effort level: 10 rounds - 20 seconds of work - 40 seconds of recovery
- S1 Warmup EZ Bar Bicep Curl: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S1 Warmup Standing Triceps Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S2 EZ Bar Bicep Curl: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Standing Triceps Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Incline Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Seated Triceps Dumbbell Extension: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 Standing Biceps Cable Curl: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- S4 Triceps Pushdown: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Warmup Squats: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Squats: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Lunge: 4 sets x 10-15 reps (each leg)
- Leg Press: 4 sets x 10 to 15 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 set x 15-20 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets x 15-20 reps
You can find the whole men's workout routine on Youtube:
Get that ripped body!