Men’s Workout Routine To Get Big And Ripped
If you’re a male, and you want to get big and ripped fast, you are in the right place!
Building muscle is easy, but doing it without gaining too much body fat is the real hard work.
Obtaining lean muscle mass with tons of body fat is not appealing at all.
Weight lifting has many health benefits. Building lean muscle mass is a long and tough journey, but if you have what it takes, you won’t get disappointed!
We prepared you a male workout routine so you can get big and ripped fast
Most men want to become stronger and look better.
In order to do this we will work every muscle group at least once a week with compound and isolation exercises, so you can get this aesthetic look.
Cardio is also very important for your conditioning. With this men’s workout routine we only included one HIIT session, but recommend you to add at least one or two other session of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) or LISS
This men’s workout plan is composed of 5 days of training:
- 5 days of weight training
- 1 of these days will include HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)
- 2 days of rest
Note: If you have joints pain, we highly recommend you to change the HIIT to LISS.
This men’s workout routine will often target a muscle group with compound exercises then isolation exercises. Since compound exercises also use secondary muscle groups at the same time, they will help you get bigger and stronger.
Here are some other benefits of compound exercises:
- Build the most muscle
- Increase strength the fastest
- Burn more calories during exercise
- Improve coordination, reaction and balance
If you want to build muscle mass, you will have to lift heavy and moderate weights so you can perform 8-12 reps with good form.
You should struggle to reach the given rep ranges, if it feels too light or too heavy adjust the weight accordingly. Make sure to perform each exercise with a good form and a full range of motion.
Training with very heavy weights (4-6 reps or less) can also be used to get stronger, but it’s not the only way to [https://www.gymaholic.co/articles/is-heavy-lifting-required-for-building-muscle-size](build muscle.) In this workout program it won’t be a priority, but you want to add these kind of workouts on the long run.
If you want to stay lean, you want to make sure your nutrition is on point.
With the right nutrition and this workout program, you will get big and lean.
This men’s workout routine provides you 5 days of resistance training.
If your schedule is tight, check our 3-day workout routine.
This workout routine will help you get results, but don’t hesitate to make changes to it.
For example, if you’re a beginner you might want to reduce the number of sets to 3.
And for the rest periods, we highly recommend you to aim for 2 minutes for compound exercises, and 1 minute for isolation ones.
Oh hey, lifting weights won’t make you "bulky", a bad diet will!
A superset is when you do two or multiple exercises in a row.
During this men’s workout routine you will have to perform some supersets, and they will be assigned as such: S1 for the superset #1 and S2 for the superset #2.
If two exercises start with S1 for example, they must be performed in a row before taking a break.
Monday: Chest & Back
- S1 Warmup Barbell Bench Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S1 Warmup Barbell Deadlift: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S2 Barbell Bench Press: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Barbell Deadlift: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Incline Barbell Bench Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Barbell Bent Over Row: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 (Assisted) Dips: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 (Assisted) Wide Grip Pull Up: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S5 Dumbbell Flys: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S5 Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
Tuesday: Shoulders & Traps & Abs
- Warmup Overhead Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Overhead Press: 5 sets x 8-12 reps
- Behind-the-Neck Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Dumbbell Side Lateral Raise: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Bent-Over Lateral Raise: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Dumbbell Shrug: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- Warmup Crunch Hold: 2 sets x 10 to 15 seconds
- Crunches: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Hanging Leg Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Oblique Crunches: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Lying Oblique Leg Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
Here’s the workout program you can easily follow in our app:
Wednesday: Calves & HIIT Cardio
- Warmup Standing Calf Raise: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Standing Calf Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Seated Calf Raise: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Calf Press On Leg Press: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Warmup Cardio - Treadmill or Bike - 6/10 effort level: 2-4 minutes - increase speed every 20-40 seconds
- HIIT Cardio - Treadmill or Bike - 8/10 effort level: 10 rounds - 20 seconds of work - 40 seconds of recovery
- S1 Warmup EZ Bar Bicep Curl: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S1 Warmup Standing Triceps Press: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- S2 EZ Bar Bicep Curl: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S2 Standing Triceps Press: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Incline Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S3 Seated Triceps Dumbbell Extension: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S4 Standing Biceps Cable Curl: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- S4 Triceps Pushdown: 4 sets x 10-15 reps
- Warmup Squats: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Squats: 5 sets x 10-15 reps
- Lunge: 4 sets x 10-15 reps (each leg)
- Leg Press: 4 sets x 10 to 15 reps
- Leg Extension: 4 set x 15-20 reps
- Lying Leg Curl: 4 sets x 15-20 reps
Do this workout routine 8 weeks to see significant result, they can start switching things up with our other training plans.