Intense 3 Day Women's Workout Routine To Get Strong And Lean
Get Toned: Build Lean Muscles While Burning Tons Of Fat
Nowadays it's very common to find women in the weight room. Indeed, women shouldn't be scared of this area, because it's where shaped body are built. Discover why women should lift weights. We decided to prepare you the intense 3 day women's workout routine in order to build muscle and burn fat at the same time!
Want a 5 day workout routine? Check our 5 day women's workout routine.
We all know that lifting weights won't make you bulky, bad nutrition will.
So Gymaholic prepared you this workout routine for those who want to get strong and athletic with a tight schedule.
What Does Intense Means?
It means that we will do multiple exercise in a row, decrease the rest time between sets while including bodyweight and weighted exercises. By applying these principles, we will be able to work several muscle groups in one workout: thus build your whole body, increase the number of calories burned, improve our cardiovascular system and decrease the time spent in the gym.
Weight Training And Cardio Training For Women
If you're a beginner, you must first understand these workout principles.
During this intense 3 day women's workout routine, we will put an emphasis on compound exercises in order to get strong and burn fat. Remember that the whole body needs to be toned if you want to look great.
This women's intense workout plan is composed of:
3 days of intense workout training
Train With Bodyweight And Moderate Weights
During the 5 days women's workout routine, we've learned that lifting moderate/heavy is necessary to get in shape. So we will make a mix of moderate weight and bodyweight exercises in order to get the best result out of it.
Women Must Aim For 8-12 Reps To Shape Their Bodies
Now you know that if you want to get toned, you will have to work these muscles effectively. In order to achieve this, you will have to aim for 8-12 reps for all muscle groups except legs. Legs often require more reps to get them defined. Research has shown that if you struggle to achieve these rep ranges, you will get lean muscle mass. During this workout, we will vary the rep ranges depending on the exercises in order to shock the body! Make sure to perform each exercise with a good form and a full range of motion. You should struggle to reach the given rep ranges, if it feels too light or too heavy adjust the weight accordingly.
Rest Time Between Each Set And Exercise
If you want to get toned your body will need to recover between each set and exercise. The less you rest, the more calories you burn. But if you rest 20 sec, you will not get as much performance as if you would have rest 1:30min. So we will rest between 45 sec - 1:15 minutes between each set and 2 minutes between exercises. When you do a single exercise, your rest time will be 45 sec and if you perform several in a row, it will be 1:15 minutes.
This workout routine is supposed to be intense, so let's bring it on!
Intense Women's Workout Routine
This intense men's workout plan provides you 3 days of lifting trainings with 1 day including a HIIT session. Don't hesitate to make changes to this intense women's workout routine if you want to. However, keep in mind the principles we mentioned earlier: rep range, rest period, type of exercises ...
Increase The Intensity Of This Workout
After a certain period of time the body will get used to a specific routine and therefore you have to progressively change it over time. After 6-8 weeks, we highly recommend you to increase the intensity of your workouts.
A Few Words On Supersets
A superset is when you do two or multiple exercises in a row. During this 3 day intense women's workout routine, it will happen a lot and will be assigned to numbers such as: S1 for the superset #1 and S2 for the superset #2. If two exercises start with S1 for example, they must be performed in a row.
Monday: Legs & Butt
- Warmup Bodyweight Squat: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Wide-Stance Barbell Squat: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S1 Dumbbell Sumo Squat 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
- S1 Glute Kickback: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps (each leg)
- S2 Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
- S2 Glute Bridge: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
- S3 Good Morning: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
- S3 Lying Leg Curls: 3 sets x 12 to 15 reps
Wednesday: Full Body Conditioning & HIIT Cardio
- S1 Warmup Jumping Jack: 2 sets x 10 reps
- S1 Warmup Box Jump: 2 sets x 10 reps
- S2 Burpee: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S2 Jump Squat: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S2 Split Jump: 3 sets x 12-15 reps (each leg)
- S3 (Knee) Push Ups: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S3 Mountain Climber: 3 sets x 12-15 reps (each leg)
- S3 Triceps Dips On Floor: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S3 Bicycle Crunch: 3 sets x 15 reps (each leg)
- HIIT Cardio - Treadmill / Bike: 10 rounds - 20 seconds of work - 40 seconds of recovery
Friday: Legs & Butt & Calves
- Warmup Barbell Deadlift: 2 sets x 15-20 reps
- Barbell Deadlift: 4 sets x 8-12 reps
- S1 Glute Bridge: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S1 Bodyweight Squat: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S2 Reverse Lunge: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S2 Jump Squat: 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S3 Standing Calf Raise 3 sets x 12-15 reps
- S3 Wall Squat 3 sets x 20-45 seconds
Note: We've made some modifications compared to the old intense workout routine. We highly recommend you to follow this one since it has been rethought. You can still find the old one here.
Get that toned body!